Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 9 of 10 [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Questions and Answers

Re: Questions and Answers

Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:56 pm Post
It would depend on your nation wouldn't it.

If you live in a country with lots of clouds, storms and rain, then it is going to be far less reliable then, say, a nation with large amounts of sunny desert.
Last post

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 pm Post
Yes and no.

If there is night in regions, where those solar plants are, at the same time, then the production is zero. Then it doesn't matter what is that country, but the good thing is that electricity consumption is highest during day times, when it's more likely to get solar power. Sunny desert it quite ideal place for that, because risk from bad days is very low. So ideally you need just as much other electricity production than is consumed during night times. But in that case you should have a very good grid, because too high production could cause blackouts, if the grid is overload. If that solar power is consumed near where it's produced, it's not as demanding for the grid. So that night time consumption, at least, must be covered by some other ways than by solar power.

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: Wakizashi
Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm Post
The point is solar power acts like REAL solar power.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 pm Post
Ok, good, I just wanted to check that it really is. :)

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 am Post
Now I would like check few things...

Even though The Fiscal Reconciliation Bill of 2013(US legislation) failed, I would like to take one part from it:
Reduces America’s Active Nuclear Arsenal (1,950 to 1,000)

According to US military stats(in game) there are 310 nuclear weapons.
I think that 310 is the right number, but a bit more difficult case...
From Canada's Treasury:
The Bank of Canada’s Interest Rate: From 1% to 0.25%

Do we use real interest rates? If yes, then the 3% interest rate for local dept(in budget sheet) doesn't fit quite well with it. If we use that 3% interest rate, it's a bit strange to have universal interest rate..., but it would be very understandable to simplify things that way.

Edit: So the bigger question is do we follow only "Qpawn facts", like that interest rate -thing, or do we follow those facts and real facts simultaneously, if those facts differ from each other?

Last edited by Jose Sarney on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 pm Post
Who are the current security council members?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 pm Post
There is a list here. We do need to have elections for the non-permanent members, although that is not as important as sorting out the backlog of actions.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm Post
Thanks Lorenzo. It appears some non-members are speaking to the Security Council.........

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm Post
I probably forgot to drop a couple of permissions, I'll have to go through and sort that out.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 am Post
Excuse me if all these have been asked before, but I'm a new player (obviously) and hopelessly lost in all of this;

So I would like to apply to a nation as directed, and I choose both of my nations to apply to. Though, I encountered several problems and they are as follows,

How do I create a Qpawn ID?
Whats a powerbase?
How am I supposed to give an accurate description of my plans if I am unaware of the countries political situation and how it is run currently?

I apologize for these, I understand they may sound silly.
Thank you in advance!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10 [ 91 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic