Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 4 of 10 [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Questions and Answers

Re: Questions and Answers

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 am Post
Good question. To start with now all improvements are on a case by case basis, whereby depending on the policies of your government and direct investments you make the number increases. I would recommend your formulate a project of say rolling out new broadband lines and improving accessibility and speed; it is highly recommended that you research and find out the cost of a project and ask if that funding is ok.

A good example here would be Iran, whereby in 2010 it had an energy grid with a rating of 2, he set out to make the country generate all its energy from renewable sources and starting doing projects that would make this a reality and as such the response was am increase in his grading there.

So basically you need to research you nation, and what you could do to improve then present it and if it is enough to warrant an increase you will get an increase :)
Last post

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: gcer
Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 am Post
As was said above.

I'm the one that has to make the judgment call on when "enough" was done to bump someone up a category. I try to look at RL statistics and make comparisons to other states.

As far as projects go, I can and will price things. I tend to look for projects of similar nature and see what they cost. I vastly prefer that players do some of that look-up for me and provide links, as it can be challenging to do that much research for a dozen different types of projects in a dozen different nations at a time. So long as I'm presented a reasonable cost estimate with some supporting evidence, I'll sign off on it and be generous in the application of effect.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 pm Post
The Internet's an amazing place. When researching how much the Tay Nguyen Windmills or the Long Xuyen Dam would cost, I just simply typed in:

"How much does a windmill cost?"
"How much does a hydroelectric dam cost?"

You'd be surprised at what you'll find. :)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 am Post
Is this 6 weeks Real life or 6 weeks game time?

Thank you

Qpawn Economics wrote
If you stay with a basic nation for 6 weeks, military and budget stats will be created. This is mentioned in the application thread.

So far, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan have received that upgrade. Let us see if you'll be the third.

Qpawn Admin

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:31 am Post
Real life.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm Post
What is my power base ? I forgot allready .

Also can i have a few suggestions for my first steps in this game.I'm totally a novice here.

thanks

Qpawn Admin

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:57 pm Post
We're pretty flexible with powerbases on basic nations, as long as they make some sense for the nation. I know you had Business and the Middle Class included in your listed powerbases. I don't recall the other off the top of my head, but given the politics of Algeria, I suggest going with either the dominant political party of the nation (National Liberation Front), the military, or working with Qpawn West on defining another one. Since Algeria is effectively a one-party state, coming from somewhere other than the NLF will probably need a news article worked out with West by way of explaining the shift in the nation.

Basic nations are a place to just focus on learning the ropes and not doing anything too outlandish (invasions of Japan or the like.) Get involved in regional discussions. The Arab world is certainly up in arms right now. Read up on the economy of Algeria and put forward any ideas for new growth you want. Or delve into the realms of political reform. It is best to keep in mind that most of the game revolves around international politics though, since then you get to talk to dozens of other players instead of just talking in private with a moderator. So, focusing on issues affecting the region or the world will get you much more to do than just staying domestic.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:38 pm Post
ok my 3rd base will be the national liberation front.thanks. :)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:32 pm Post
Can some one be nice to a begginer and explain about the intel thread ?

For example, how does one increase & gather intel etc...

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm Post
Intel can be gathered in two ways.

The first is to simply read the intel forums. There are levels 1 - 5 and moderators will post intel in there, some true some made up it is for you to judge whether you take it seriously. This will usually be a good way of gaining general intel on world events and other player's plans, plots and conspiracies.

The second is to PM your moderator and ask for a specific piece of information. Depending on the diligence of the moderator, this may well have it's accuracy adjusted to reflect the intel level of your nation. Be aware that the more detailed the request, the longer it's going to take the moderator to put together the necessary information.

As for the mechanism for improving your intelligence services and therefore unlocking the next tier of intel, I do not know. That is a decision for the game mods.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Page 4 of 10 [ 91 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic