Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]

Treaties

Treaties

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 pm Post
Well, I brought this to light in the Domestics thread, but no one replied. So I am just going to bypass the discussion and make an announcement.

I shall, from now on, be approving treaties (unless, as a player I sign one, in which case I will have someone else handle it, but thats besides the point) for ALL nations, including those outside my sphere of influence.

I believe I can do this and believe it is one of the only viable options since others are quiet on the issue or do not care about the issue.

However, I will give a two day grace period before I make the announcement to the Players and start ratifying/failing treaties for anyone to step up on the mod team who has a problem with me unilaterally taken over Treaties.

Starting now.
Last post

Re: Treaties

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm Post
So if you don't want me to or have concerns, then do voice them please. Thank you.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:11 pm Post
Well, it has been one day. One more to go. If no one has any problems with me taking over treaties, then after tomorrow I shall make the announcement I am taking over treaties to the player base.

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: Wakizashi
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm Post
I don't really have a problem with that. But it's only treaties, not legislature itself, am I right?

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:21 pm Post
Qpawn West wrote
I don't really have a problem with that. But it's only treaties, not legislature itself, am I right?

Yes. I only handle legislation in my own sphere of communist nations, minus Yugoslavia.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:14 pm Post
Yes, sorry I've been meaning to reply and sort stuff out, but I've been really busy.

I'm tempted to give treaties to Legal to give him something to do besides the UN but he's LOA at the moment. I need to go back through and look at mod duties and make sure things are balanced fairly again, but that won't be until after he's back so do please do treaties for nations in your regions for now.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 am Post
I have a big problem with one person ratifying all the treaties for all nations. The problem is, this mod whether it is Legal or Communism could do something opposite to the interests of the mod in the region. I have come to realize, that even contacting via personal message etc. to have an end result with the interests of the regional mod is pointless, as at that point he is making the decision anyway. I'd be much happier if this was left to regional mods.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:59 am Post
Qpawn Non-Aligned wrote
I have a big problem with one person ratifying all the treaties for all nations. The problem is, this mod whether it is Legal or Communism could do something opposite to the interests of the mod in the region. I have come to realize, that even contacting via personal message etc. to have an end result with the interests of the regional mod is pointless, as at that point he is making the decision anyway. I'd be much happier if this was left to regional mods.

Well, as of right now Admin said we, as Regional Mods, can ratify treaties for now.

And I understand what you are talking about. Like the Indo-Soviet Friendship treaty involves players from both our spheres. I was thinking of just posting in the mod room a forum where we can discuss treaties before we ratify/fail them.

All I wanted was to get the ball rolling, we have had treaties sitting in the treaty forum for ages. Players get agitated when they aren't ratified or failed.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 am Post
Well, when there are two separate spheres then both mods should either discuss it together and fail it together or give separate rulings to give the end result of ratification or no ratification.

I think its best to just leave it to regional mods, and if the players are angry because there is no ratification either we can bring it up or the player will himself.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 pm Post
This is why it's going to take me time to figure out how to do it so as not to overload anybody. When Legal's back he can remind us of his exact duties and we'll work from there rather than making decisions while he's not here.

Don't forget you're welcome to try to recruit Aides, just let me know who to send the account details to.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic