Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]

Applications

Applications

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 pm Post
I have been recently observing the applications process and have seen that it is becoming extremely neglected by moderation. Our standards have fallen greatly since the beginning of the round we find ourselves accepting applications which don't even constitute a paragraph. Katrasay (the the former Chinese player) which was recently removed fell short of the 200 word limit, and that is just one example.

We cannot prevent players from diverting from their application and doing something different then what they had anticipated. Sometimes the environment or time requires diverting from the applications as we cannot tell the future and how events will unravel. Yet we will find ourselves even considering applications which are too short and too general for us to get anything significant out of them. We can ask questions, however as long as those questions aren't noted and recorded along with the application itself they are worthless and eventually non-existent.

If we don't try and get more detailed information on some issues, then we will end up having more nations which go rouge. We should increase the needed word limit for regular nations and have one twice as high for election nations. China has become a de-facto election nation, yet we have a 250 word limit. It took me 2,000 words to present to you my plans, and detailed economic actions and I still skipped things such as the military or relations with Taiwan for the sake of not having an essay-application (which it already is anyway).

We shouldn't demand 2,000 words for applications however we should at least go by our own rules. And if you have to use a word counter..use it! :x
Last post

Re: Applications

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: Fowler
Profile  E-mail 
Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 pm Post
I think the fact that we lack a dedicated applications and popularity mod doesn't help.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 am Post
Pretty much.

Admin was doing them, but doing Apps isn't really his job. Until we can get a dedicated Popularity Mod, then stuff like this will happen.

What do you think we should do, QNA? We could do what we use to, and discuss the nation apps and then, based on our discussions, issue a statement to the player about our concerns or to ask questions so we can get a better understanding of their plans. However, that takes a while. However, I believe a hybrid of sorts, where Popularity seeks advice from us all, because he will be putting players/nations under one of us Regional Mods, but ultimately takes care of them.

Thats my take though.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:43 pm Post
It really boils down to the individual mod doing the applications, their knowledge of in-game events and their willingness to stick to the rules.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 am Post
I could do them, I just don't know how to :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic