Sudan

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:58 pm Post
Admin wrote
QpawnID: Windon
Nation #1: Sudan
Character Name: Chike Akuchi Adelmar
Powerbases (Three): Sudan Army, National Congress Party (NCP), "Claim" Meroitic Kingdom Descendant.
Explanation of Plans: Chike Akuchi Adelmar, power-player in the National Congress Party, and proud claimant as a descendant of the old old ruling dynasty of the Meroitic Kingdom. Using rising national pride, Chike Akuchi Adelmar assumes the office of Presidency, by will of the people. Capitalizing on that success builds national pride to all new heights. "Africa is overdue to be great again!" "For too long Africa has been the continent too easily ignored by the world." Using the precious natural resources of Africa to assert African national pride and dominance in political, financial, and militaristic matters. Stability, power, unity, and maneuverability. Rebuilding a dynasty and national pride being paramount. Using diplomacy and national rescources, rebuild, upgrade and modernize the nation, economically, industrially, and militarily. Courting the players of the West for modernization of economy and infrastructure and superior military weaponry, dominating the continent internally and externally. Trading theater influences. Building a manufacturing economy to replace one reliant on a resource industry. Organizing an alliance of African nations to compete on the world market. Instituting popular internal measures to reduce corruption, crime, medical lack, and 'evident poverty', making government jobs a priority. A lot of propaganda to attribute everything good with Chike Akuchi Adelmar and everything bad with weak exploitables of the past. Statutes, art, music, poetry, books, radio, tv, that not only promote a view of the future but create "national pride jobs."

Chike Akuchi Adelmar wrote
First and foremost allow me to apologize. As I said in chat, I've been playing these games as player and mod since my college days in 1999. When I was in the military, I served as a political-religious consultant, so I am comfortable with the concept.

Speaking of "chat", I hope I haven't done anything to undermine or cause any stress to the game structure. Most games of this nature do not have instant-general chat available to the pbase so easily.

My reasons are thus: Sudan at this time had indeed declared its independence since the 50's, however, it was more or less... in title and family-change. The leadership of Sudan remained the monarch, as a Religious Dictator who governed by the divine-right... the same fundamentalist belief used in many (and still some countries in this general area),some called themselved Kings, some did not. Ethiopia maintained its monarch into the mid 70's. It is not uncommon even in more modern days for African leaders to declare themselves "King", just because. I took the time to paint myself as a declared member of an old royal family. As the military, religious, and government leader in a religious military dictatorship... the concept of self-declared monarchy... would not come to much as a surprise, as at this time in Sudan, the function of the government would change little... being that a Religous Dictator in Africa was already that. The legislature and executive government balance did not come into existence in Sudan (because of the IMMENSE and well understood ancicent absolute monarch history of Sudan, which was accepted by the highly traditional people who celebrate their ancient monarchy) until the late late 1980's... 1989 to be precise, and this was only by force... not the will of the people in a democratic measure.

In 1976 the dictator of the african country, Central Africa declared himself King, and renamed the country, the Central African Empire. His claim held no family legitimacy, and Central Africa did not have the proud proud embraced history of ancicent royalty as does Sudan. While his coronation was a success... he was a cruel murderer, etc etc.

Anyway. One point you brought up in chat was how I should have mentioned this design in my app. I apologize. I did not want to encourage other noob's to put out similar apps, without a deep understanding of the feasibility of the concept.

I readily recognize and understand that you mods, have the authority to accept or decline major actions, and I concede that. The legislature section of this game is the game's system to do just that, even for countries where no legislature existed. Like I said, I've been supporting the nation-sim moderated game community for a long time.

My apologies for any confusion or problems. In all fairness, I have contacted a few of the mods and asked for any input on this action, and received no "problem-feedback".

I welcome your feedback, and look forward to resolving this. Thanks for all you guys do, I KNOW what its like... a lot of work, on a volunteer basis so people like us can have fun... and its no fun having... sticky-problems.

Thanks again.
Last post

Re: Sudan

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:32 pm Post
Looking at Sudanese history, they have had history with Kingdoms. But the Sudan has been in Civil war since 1955 between the North and South.

However, I think if he plays his cards right he can eventually establish a Kingdom, however he first has to resolve the Civil War.

Thoughts?

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:41 pm Post
Proper roleplay must be begun before a Kingdom can be declared. Technically he can declare it now and declare himself King, however he must solve the Civil War either way.

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: The Doctor
Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:14 pm Post
I think it is possible for him to achieve this Kingdom through roleplay, perhaps over a game year or so. However, his application does not give him license to declare it immediately. Also, I agree that we should not let him forget about the civil war in the nation. He has to restore order in South Sudan and Darfur, which we know from the news even now is a nearly impossible feat. Further, I would recommend that we block any treaties like the US-Sudan treaty. It makes no sense from the US perspective because the nation is so unstable.

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 pm Post
Finally found what I was looking for with this:

Round Contract: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3299

Major national changes:
- Requires Qpawn Domestics approval via legislation.
- Chances very low if you have been in the nation for less than 1 game year.
- Chances very low if you want to switch between opposing spheres of influence.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic