Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]

Cambodia

Cambodia

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 pm Post
With UN Resolution 279 up for a vote where it looks like it will pass without opposition, I think we should start discussing about elections that are supposed to happen there. Obviously we wouldnt hold an actual election for it but I do think we should allow countries to support a party and give it financial aid to try and make it win. The only thing is that there was one party in Cambodian elections before and it dissolved in 1970. So we would need to create some new parties. I know its kind of early to plan this but I want see where the other mods stand before we make it any choices with it.
Last post

Re: Cambodia

Qpawn Admin

Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm Post
I just wonder if under the circumstances that Cambodia is in, if its possible to hold elections for the country. I was informed that Cambodia is once more in a state of civil war, thus holding elections is pretty much impossible until both sides sign a ceasefire and agree to cooperate. Taking into account what the Khmer Rouge has been doing, I'm afraid that is not an option. So the UN resolution would fall on deaf ears, would most likely be ignored since no side is willing to give the other side a chance of victory.

Even if you hold the elections, whichever side wins the result will be more civil war because the opposition won't agree.

Re: Cambodia

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: Fowler
Profile  E-mail 
Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm Post
Oh agreed, the UK is pretty confident that the Khmer Rouge will ignore the resolution which means the UN will have to discuss an intervention, and given that the only supporters of the Khmer Rouge are not actually in the UN, well... ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic