Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]

Submarines

Submarines

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:17 pm Post
Mr. Powell,

I had hoped that the pair of us would avoid discussing this matter, but given recent events I no longer believe that to be a wise idea.

Recently we received a report that the USS Wyoming had left port in Bangor for an unknown location. A number of our submarines were dispatched to look for this submarine; given that it is an SSBN, I think you can understand my desire to want to know the location of that particular boat. It seems a few of ours were picked up by a few of yours - unfortunate, really, but still somewhat routine in terms of submarines wandering about in the wide Pacific Ocean.

Next thing we know, the United States is standing at DEFCON 2, again...

We'd like to know the reason for this - I trust you are aware of a number of my submarines tailing yours, but how is it, exactly, that this is sufficient reason to raise the stakes in such a manner?
Last post

Re: Submarines

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 pm Post
We had gotten word that your subs were tracking our subs and was in a position to strike US Targets on top of Cuba attempting to join RICH this all just compounded into another headache for both of us.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:29 pm Post
In position to strike US targets...?

Mr. Powell, there has been a very grievous misunderstanding at your Pacific Fleet GHQ. I ordered submarines out to look for yours, not to position SSBNs near American waters.

It is practice for Akulas and SSNs to go submarine hunting. If there was ever any belief, even for a moment, that Russian SSBNs were near American waters, I am actually sorry for it. I do not believe either of us really wants to go down the road of nuclear warfare, Mr. Powell, so we may be best off avoiding it altogether.

I have issued orders, for the sake of accountability, to recall any SSBNs that happen to be roving about and have them all present and accounted for in Russian harbours. Can you reciprocate by informing me why exactly the Wyoming left in such a hurry and where she is headed?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 pm Post
OOC: actually I can't... I saw the intel myself and said WTF lol... I meant to message west to see why but forgot to.. let me get on it..

IC: Just a moment.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:30 am Post
*Short pause, Medvedev sounds more concerned and less professional*

...She's not gone rogue, has she?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm Post
No No No... It appears as if the ship left port early and the cook was not ready and well the intel on it was just blown out of proportion. A mix up to be honest....

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 am Post
Oh, all right... *Medvedev sounds very relieved*

Well, Mr. Powell, I am more than pleased to see that we are both able to sit down and talk this out. I underestimated you, I must confess... And for this, I am sorry.

I think the events of these past months are proof that this little phone is needed now more than ever. Now, we both have images to uphold to our public... But, know that my end of this line will always be open to you for any queries, Mr. Powell. We are not so different, you and I...

... Oh, there is one other thing. Two of our submarines are reporting a second contact near your Ohio, is this one of yours?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 am Post
Yes I've just been informed that it is. This phone is indeed more valuable then ever.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic