Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]

Tibet Conference

Tibet Conference

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 pm Post
Mr Chang

I am Mr Chang, you may call me...Mr Chang.
I am not of significant importance to the Peoples Republic of China, no great leverage would be obtained through my kidnapping or murder, furthermore such actions would be constituted an act of war against the Peoples Republic of China and countermeasures taken.
MSS agents are not in the vicinity of this conference and I am not armed.

Now that we have that out of the way, let us get down to business.

Firstly let me state one thing that has been driven into me by my superiors...the Peoples Republic of China will not leave Tibet. That is final, if this is what you want then we may as well draw this conference to a close now because it will not and cannot happen, there would be chaos in Tibet with fiefdom fighting fiefdom and there would be internal turmoil within the Peoples Republic of China.
That being said, we are willing to grant the Tibetan region the status of Special Administrative Region, as we have already done so to the areas of Hong Kong and Macau.

What will this mean for the people of Tibet?
Firstly, you will get your own government, elected by your people, which can conduct all business with the exception of diplomatic relations and national defence. You can practice your religion, you can have Tenzin Gyatso back as the Dalai Lama, all the Peoples Republic of China will do is protect your borders and conduct external affairs.
Such a system has already worked out well for Hong Kong and Macau with both regions becoming booming business zones and Chinas gateway to the west. The Tibetan region is much bigger than Hong Kong and Macau, so we may need to discuss how such a solution would be implemented, however we believe that in time it would be possible.

However, this uprising must stop and it must stop now if there is any chance of salvaging what is left of Tibet. Let us deal with this here and not in the streets of Lhasa. Let us stop any further bloodshed before it begins.

The choice....is yours.
Last post

Re: Tibet Conference

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: Wakizashi
Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:39 pm Post
I've read through everything I could get my hands on, on this situation and I have to say, it is pretty weird. I try to rig this in a way, that we can avoid a military solution to the thing, but it might create some inconsistencies. If you find one, please let me know so.

Hi Chang Min

I am Hi Chang Min. The news have designated me as the leader of our movement, but I can assure you that I am merely the voice.

A special administrative region might be fruit-bearing solution for all of us. But, as you have already mentioned, the situation in Tibet is radically different from that of Macao or Hong Kong. Not only because of its size, but also because of its spiritual importance for the future of humanity.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:37 pm Post
I can't say I'm surprised, the whole thing was a mess. Started with the best of intentions I dare say, but unable to keep it moving forwards.

Mr Chang
Leader or voice, you wield power in this insurgency and you are the man sitting opposite to me.

As I have already stated, we have no interest in interfering any further with the...superstitions of the people of Tibet, the attempt to install our own Dalai Llama was...a mistake I will admit, and that is not an official government statement.
As such, we will drop charges against Tenzin Gyatso and he will be free to return as the 14th Dalai Llama. This will take a bit of persuading on our end, but ultimately this is a solution to the Tibetan crisis in which we all benefit. The people of Tibet get their...spirituality back and greater freedom from Beijing, and Beijing gets an end to the perpetual thorn in its side which is Tibetan insurgencies, plus we improve our world standing. I'm sure the right men in Beijing can say the right words to get this by the Politburo...after all, we know that further violence will only beget further violence...I believe an Indian man once said "An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind."

So, shall we break the cycle now? Or doom our children and their children to forever ride upon this carousel of destruction?

Qpawn Admin

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm Post
Hi Chang Min

Mr.Chang, your words are wise and your intentions seem to be noble.

Indeed, we surely do not want to blinden the world. Therefore, I have been given the authority to offer a ceasefire for the duration of the talks. Will your superiors in Beijing agree to this?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm Post
Mr Chang

I believe this can be arranged. If you will excuse me, I will contact Beijing.

Qpawn Admin

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:44 pm Post
Hi Chang Min

Very well. Now as the guns are silent, we might be ab le to hear each other.

Am I right in that the Chinese government offers us self-government and the right of exercising our religions freely in Tibet?

What prize does your government want in return for this?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:25 pm Post
Mr Chang

Continued peace and co-operation is the only 'prize' we wish for. You would still be a part of the Peoples Republic of China, after all, we will handle foreign affairs and national defence, but everything else is up to you.
This strife has gone on long enough, and continued violence is not a solution. One of us had to make a sacrifice for peace, and it is the wise people who have sent me here who have decided to make that sacrifice. It is up to both of us to make sure that the sacrifice is not in vain and that the peace we create here is an eternal one.

Qpawn Admin

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 pm Post
Mr.Chang,

We have thoroughly discussed your proposal during the last nights and came to the conclusion, that your offer is acceptable to us.

We therefore offer you to lay our weapons down for the next three month. If we see, that your government takes steps to fulfill your side of the deal during this three month, we will also fulfill our offer and silence our weapons for ever.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 pm Post
Mr Chang

Excellent, you have our thanks, I will leave now for Beijing.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic