Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Player Guide

Re: Player Guide

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm Post
Oh just get on with it I not in the mood for stupid arguments.
Last post

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm Post
Say how you came to power in your domestic news forum

Introduce your government on the world stage

Make a cabinet for your nation.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 am Post
Expand on the goals in your application to give yourself targets. Work out a reasonable time scale for each of these targets and then proceed to work towards those. Having a clearly defined goal for your nation can help prevent you from getting bored with your nation. Be prepared to adapt these goals and targets to match the world changing around you. Qpawn very quickly deviates from established history, so be prepared to go with the flow.

Read all the stories in QNN, even the ones that don't directly affect your nation. You never know what your comments on the matter might lead to, or indeed if that story may affect you at some point down the line. Make sure that you write a domestic news post responding to any story that does directly affect you.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:35 am Post
While a commitment to realism is not necessary, you'd be advised to stick with what is plausible. Does your nation really need that enormous fleet of battleships? What about that army three times the size of all of Europe's armies combined? No? It doesn't? Then you might not want to go about buying them.

Plausibility, in my experience, is something you can argue off successfully. Was your nation recently threatened by a major power? Then maybe some militarization is in order.

Another big, BIG mistake a lot of players make is rapid change of government all at once. I've been guilty of it myself. Massive overhaul and change simply doesn't happen. Big change takes a lot of little changes to pull off. So put the breaks on that super-powerful and evil military dictatorship you were planning, and maybe think about ways you could realistically go about implementing such a thing. Things won't happen just by you saying so, remember, you're not a god in this game, your role playing the leader of a nation. You have people to keep happy.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 am Post
I think realism, or at worst, a warped realism needs to be held in mind when you decide policies.

Will denmark have a communist coup? Probably not If you take four years will you ever be able to transform it into a communist dictatorship? Probably not.

If you are the President of say, the Ukraine, will it have a communist coup? Probably not. If you take four years, could you convert it into a communist dictatorship? Probably.

It is a matter of time and pseudo-realism. Events happen in game which will take it in a drastically different direction then real life, and you need to bear this in mind and that these can happen, generally on a more liberal basis then on some other hyper-realistic nation sims. But that total unrealism simply isn't acceptable.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm Post
I think the most valuable advice that could be given to new players is take a step back, survey the situation and plan out your policies with steps, rather than trying to do it all in one go.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:16 am Post
With the new round coming, we should probably make sure this gets open for the next round.

Also, you should know a tad bit about your nation before you pursue big policies. For example, me and Germany. While the IG Angela Merkel was anti-EU and I thought i had to be anti-EU, I realized the actual plausibility behind that.

Know your nation's right and left-wing. Don't try to ban abortion in Sweden, because that wouldn't happen in 1 million years. Don't try to establish gay marriage in Uganda, since that also wouldn't happen.

Basically, know the limits of your nation for your policies and stick with them. Also, find out the basis of your nation's foreign policy(are they neutral, pro-West, pro-Commie, etc...)

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic