Forum FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

United States Protectionism

Re: United States Protectionism

Fri May 13, 2011 7:16 am Post
The basic response I got was that they believed they were not violating any WTO regulations, and that is where I left it. Really the only step from here is to raise a claim with the WTO if we want to go forward with it.
Last post

Fri May 13, 2011 7:22 am Post
Given the ratification of the Free trade agreement with South Korea means South Korean goods bypass this. Japan and India would need to pursue this as this affects us.

Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am Post
Well, South Korean goods won't have tariffs but they will still be limited in the number that can enter under that Warren Buffet Act, so we are still impacted as well. I suggest we do a joint submission to the WTO on behalf of the TITAN members, sound ok?

Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am Post
Legally speaking an FTA means no barrier can be put in place regarding the flow of goods. If the United States government attempts to halt FTA goods using the Warren Buffet act it is a direct violation of the FTA which would mean several problems.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 pm Post
This issue is flaring up again, but it looks like we will be supported by the Europeans. I think we should let them take the lead and play a supporting role.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 pm Post
Gun-woo Myeong wrote
This issue is flaring up again, but it looks like we will be supported by the Europeans. I think we should let them take the lead and play a supporting role.

India agrees with this as we do not want to sour our friendship over the issue; but given it greatly affects us India will support the Europeans.

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic