Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 pm Post
I never know what to say in threads like these.... =/
Last post

Re: The End

Romania

QpawnID: Wakizashi
Profile  E-mail 
Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm Post
It's a real shame... I was sure Kass's predictions that his resignation would disable the round or significantly damage Qpawn would not come true, and I am very saddened by the fact that he was apparantly right with his predictions...
I'm also not particularly fond of post 2000 rounds (and that is a euphemism).
I will still be there in the next round, for sure, but not wholeheartedly, I'm afraid.

I think it's wrong to give heed to accusations of conspiracies. Sure, Kass called for the resignation of much of the mod team. But I don't believe we should abide to that, nor do I think Admin should step down because of some disgruntled members being angry.
But of course, it's Admin's decision. I'm just voicing my honest opinion about the matter. And that opinion is that I am seriously pissed off seeing the round end this way. I agree with Ricardo on this. Admin has done a magnificent job this round, and just some baseless paranoid accusations shouldn't be enough to disable a round. That is a dangerous precedent.
That being said, it is your personal choice, Admin. I understand the problems with the time it takes.

India

Profile  E-mail 
Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:32 am Post
Sad =( Out of the many admins in y long years of playing Qpawn, you are one who I have never had a complaint or sore about and trust when I say that means alot. Your style is far from biased and from majestys. But if that is your....I respect and I guess the players should start talking about where they will host the site and who will lead it.

Qpawn Admin

QpawnID: The Doctor
Profile  E-mail 
Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 am Post
Matt, you have my thanks as well. You've done a lot for the game. I've enjoyed working to help make this a fun environment to learn more about international relations, my chosen field. I will be standing down as well from my position. I don't have the passion to continue it after this episode and all that it's brought out. Also, I frankly don't have the time to be this active any longer. Qpawn was eating up an increasingly large amount of my time by this month. Modding here had nearly become a full time job. I have a Master's thesis to finish, then a Doctoral program I'm starting this fall, so I need to be more mindful of my time now. I just signed with my top choice program today funny enough.

I hope to keep in touch with everyone as well. I will try to keep up with the game on the new board, and we'll have to see about the future.

Lastly, I know the game will continue. Qpawn endures. That's a good thing. I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later when it's time. I may snag my old account or a new one on the new/old board to keep up with things. We will see. I'm still thinking about it.

Regardless, Qpawn helped me discover my life's work. For that, I will be grateful to all of you for the part you played in it. I originally wandered onto the Qpawn forum in I believe May of 2007 from a US Govsim. I don't know that I would be on my way to becoming an actual doctor (Instead of The Doctor, originally taken on in honor of Dr. Who) without this game or it's interesting and unique residents. Thank you. :)

Profile  E-mail 
Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 pm Post
I hope you change your mind, I've been admining for years and had my ups and downs and just when I thought of quitting alltogether, I decided to make Nationsim Network.

Finland

QpawnID: Linnea
Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 pm Post
Very sad about everything that has happened this past week here. :cry:
Thank you for hosting, and for your many long hours of work on, Qpawn.

Gheorge Apostol wrote
It's a real shame... I was sure Kass's predictions that his resignation would disable the round or significantly damage Qpawn would not come true, and I am very saddened by the fact that he was apparantly right with his predictions...
I'm also not particularly fond of post 2000 rounds (and that is a euphemism).
I will still be there in the next round, for sure, but not wholeheartedly, I'm afraid.

I feel the same way, if not more so. :cry:

Gheorge Apostol wrote
But of course, it's Admin's decision. I'm just voicing my honest opinion about the matter. And that opinion is that I am seriously pissed off seeing the round end this way. I agree with Ricardo on this. Admin has done a magnificent job this round, and just some baseless paranoid accusations shouldn't be enough to disable a round. That is a dangerous precedent.
That being said, it is your personal choice, Admin. I understand the problems with the time it takes.

I agree :cry:

Profile  E-mail 
Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 am Post
If there is a hosting issue, I can help (on behalf of Nationsim Network)?

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic